For the last 30 years, Getac Technology Corporation has been making rugged hardware devices for a wide range of vertical markets including military and defense, law enforcement, public safety, emergency services, utility, field services, oil and gas, telecommunications, transportation and industrial manufacturing. This year marks their 30th anniversary and as one of the leading rugged computer providers, Getac offers the most extensive rugged computing product lines including laptops, tablets, and computers.
History of Getac Technology
Getac was established as a 50/50 joint venture between GE Aerospace and MiTAC in 1989. By the early 1990s, they were debuting rugged portable luggage computers and rugged military notebook computers with military connectors and GPS. By the mid-90s they were manufacturing a notebook with a magnesium-alloy chassis and making light-weight portable notebooks.
In 2001 Getac Technology launched a notebook with 10” LCD display weighing in at five pounds. A few years later, they launched the first large screen size rugged notebook with a 14”/15” screen. By 2008 they had launched a sunlight readable display in their rugged notebook. Salt fog certification came later that year, with the altimeter and E-compass added in 2009.
In the three decades since then, improvements and changes have continued to be made in order for Getac to meet its mission
Getac Technology Products
Today, Getac Technology makes a handful of notebooks with different capabilities.
- S410 Semi Rugged Notebook – This notebook provides protection against shock, vibration, temperature, and drop, without being fully-rugged.
- V110 Fully Rugged Convertible – With the ability to transform from a notebook to a tablet, this device offers an 11.6” screen. Read more about how they are used by clients here.
- X500 Ultra Rugged Notebook – Looking to add PCI or PCIe cards? This is your notebook. It also offers a 15.6” high-definition display.
- B300 Fully Rugged Notebook – This best-selling computer has a powerful Intel® processor, a 13.3” screen, and an abundance of ports. Our clients are using them in many ways, read about some of them here.
- X500 Server Fully Rugged Mobile Server – This briefcase-size server is a commercial off-the-shelf product designed for a quick deployment.
Getac Technology also makes several tablets outfitted for specific industries and jobs.
- K120 Fully Rugged Tablet – Ready for anything, this tablet has a hard handle, attachable keyboard, and a wide variety of straps and harnesses to adapt to your needs.
- EX80 Fully Rugged Tablet – Built to withstand the frontlines of the oil and gas industry this tablet is certified to work in harsh conditions where fire hazards may be present.
- A140 Fully Rugged Tablet – The largest and most powerful tablet to date has a 14” display, with wide viewing angles, allows you to do more and scroll less.
- ZX70 Android-Powered Rugged Tablet – This tablet is an ideal solution for improved mobile productivity with a thin and light design that is easy to hold in one hand. Learn how some of our clients use this tablet here.
- MX50 Fully Rugged Tablet – Designed to meet data input and output demands for the dismounted soldier, this product is wearable and addresses the requirements of the defense sector.
- T800 Fully Rugged Tablet – Our clients are using the T800, find out how here. With its 8.1” screen and thin design, it can be held in one hand and is always there when you need it.
- RX10 Fully Rugged Tablet – This lightweight and compact tablet has a 10.1” screen, great mobile performance, and potentially limitless battery life. Learn how our clients use this tablet here.
- RX10H Fully Rugged Healthcare Tablet – The ultimate tool for medical professionals, from its antimicrobial surface to the limitless battery life, the RX10H sets new standards for patient care.
- F110 Fully Rugged Tablet – This award-winning tablet combines best-in-class performance, industry-leading security and an 11.6” screen. Read more about how our clients use this fully rugged tablet here.
What sets Getac Technology apart?
Getac has consistently delivered industry firsts in rugged technology innovation throughout its history. They do this by designing their hardware to be rugged from the ground up and use engineering expertise to scope, plan, develop, deploy, and maintain the hardware end-to-end.
Getac Technology’s rugged notebooks are designed and manufactured all the way down to the chassis, using magnesium alloy and impact resistant polymer which creates a thin and light computer which can withstand drops, bumps, and other impacts. Additionally, a low-temperature feature allows the hardware to operate in extreme environments including temperatures as cold as -20°F. With the latest Intel® Core™ processors, the products have superfast flash storage and high-performance graphics. Integrated GPS and antenna pass-through provide class-leading acquisition speed and location accuracy for vehicle-based mobile workers. A revolutionary technology, LumiBond®2.0, enhances touch functionality while providing a display that is readable both indoors and out, offering better contrast and crisper colors.
A commitment to customers and one of the lowest failure rates in the industry also sets Getac Technology apart. They offer an industry-best standard three-year Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty with the belief “The kit is all yours, the responsibility is all ours.”
Where does Getac Video Solutions come in?
With some of the best rugged police equipment on the market, it only seemed right to team up with one of the best software solutions providers. That is where Getac Video Solutions comes in. Created in 2017, Getac Video utilizes the rugged hardware Getac Technology is known for and pairs it with the software from the acquired IRSA Video.
For example, Getac Video’s VR-X20 DVR uses the rugged hardware and motherboard found in Getac Technology’s notebooks and tablets and pairs it with the processing and integrated systems that Getac Video is known for. Together they create a piece of equipment that merges video and data from multiple sources at once, including the Body-Worn Camera and our in-car ZeroDarkHD Cameras, acting as a real-time gateway and a hub where other Getac Video products funnel information.
Getac Video has a passion for innovative technology that delivers data integrity and smart intelligence easier and faster. By leveraging our firsthand experience, we strive to deliver reliable, stable, integrated, and comprehensive solutions that are trusted and create confidence while inspiring others to do their best job possible while serving others. It is our mission to continually evolve the promise of technology, to innovate solutions that are focused on keeping communities, and those who serve communities, safe. We provide the next generation of technology to protect and serve.